NOS Mission

Nevada Outdoor School inspires exploration of the natural world, responsible stewardship of our habitat and dedication to community.
This is the spot for us to share stories, fun ideas or general musings. When you aren't in here, we hope to see you out there!







Friday, August 17, 2012

Adventure Resolutions: Fine Dinning and More

I have been working on my adventure resolutions since March and have made some good mileage! Squirrel and I just got off our 60ish mile stretch of the John Muir Trail last weekend - hike farther check! I recommend weekend warriors take a few extra days off work and try an extended back-country stay. It's a whole different experience and worth the extra miles! Plus, oddly enough I was less sore after a week on the trail than I normally am from a weekend trip.

As for getting out more, the John Muir backpacking trip takes my summer total up to four trips! I am a big fan of taking advantage of exploring the awesome places I live while I'm there. If I had to move tomorrow, I could confidently say I took full advantage of living in such an amazing place.
Mac and cheese plus extras = new fav
Plus! In addition to pizza, I've added a new dish to my fine dinning recipe book - mac and cheese plus extras. Take your pick of macaroni and cheese (I opted for the Trader Joe's variety) and cook with water - no need for milk or butter. Then add your pick of extras. I've had dry salami/avocado and bell pepper/avocado - both amazing after a day of hiking.

Happy,
Trails

No comments:

Post a Comment